project 1 of 25: flower crown


i'm not sure there is much else that can make you feel as pretty as flowers in your hair. i have wanted to make a flower crown for some time now & what better day than your birthday to wear one? this quick project took me about 30 minutes to make. it cost less than $15. hooray for project 1! onto the details...


supplies needed:
- silk flowers (i purchased mine at hobby lobby & target)
- wire cutters
- floral wire
- floral tape (green or white will work just fine)


step 1. measure & cut enough wire to wrap comfortably (loosely) around your head two to three times. i cut a bit more wire so i could wrap the final length of wire around my crown base to make it sturdier.

step 2. you should have a crown that fits comfortably on your head.  


step 3. cut flowers with a decent size stem. place on wire in whichever direction you prefer. wrap each stem tightly with wire. this is where it gets a bit tricky. just take your time & fill in gaps with smaller flowers. once flowers are wrapped securely with wire, cut off stems.

step 4. wrap wire with floral tape. ribbon & hot glue will also work.


step 5. you've got yourself a flower crown! wear on a special occasion or any day of the week! you're awesome. you're beautiful! (tell yourself that truth!)


if you decide to make this project, i'd love to see your version! please share!

love,
natalie
--------------------------------

 before i turn 25 on 4/11/2014, i plan to complete 25 projects.
 follow along here or on pinterest!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE! I've been thinking about doing one of these for my wedding, for at least the flowergirl.

Garden Mama said...

Natalie, This is a wonderful project. I'm going to incorporate this into our kid's day @ The Learning Fields @ Chaffee Crossing! Paula.....

justine said...

pretty! And I love the idea of 25 projects. This was a great start!

shari said...

ooh! now i want a flower crown to wear on my birthday. xo

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

this is so cute! love it.

jen said...

Yay! Love this idea - totally making crowns for my girls - maybe me too!! xoxo see you soon!

Laney Butler said...

I love this idea! I may have to make one for my 38th next friday. :)

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips